Monday 14 July 2008

Scottish Highlands

Just back from a trip to Scotland. Since my dad wasn't able to make it for a trip, Josh and I decided to do Scotland separately and without the kids. They are a little tired of travelling. My dear friend Kerry visits Scotland often and agreed to be my tour guide through the Highlands. She planned a wonderful trip. She loves to walk so planned a little walk around one of the lochs. We passed by Prince Charles' summer home... and enjoyed our time in the rain and cold. We went to Balmoral Castle (the Queen's summer home... why they can't share... I don't know? Looks big enough to me). Then went on a hunt for Nessie the Loch Ness Monster. No luck... so we went to see Mamma Mia instead. Thank you Sister Miller! Thanks Josh for staying home with the kids while I was partying... and FREEZING. Kerry and I at Balmoral Castle.
Nessie's Loch
Inverness by night

0 comments: