Thursday 12 March 2009

Home Depot + 4 Women =

TROUBLE!!
One of my friends is sold on a gardening method called squarefoot gardening... so a few girls from the ward got together to build our garden boxes for the year. If I write nothing else about our garden... that means I failed miserably at this fool-proof method. But here's how it got started...


Shanna & I trying to figure out the measurements of wood, etc. we need... and Jenn writing it all down to ensure we're doing our math right :)Zack having his own party in the cartMelissa and Shanna using power tools... and having way too much fun!
One of the finished boxes waiting for seeds, sunshine and a little TLC... unfortunately my belly is nowhere near finished... Arghh!

5 comments:

Diana said...

i love seeing you pregnant! you're adorable. love ya!

shari berry bo-berry said...

ditto on the pregnant comment! I am SO sorry I totally spaced the get together yesterday!!! (i feel sheepish having invited myself and then flaking!!!!!!!)

so are you going to do another post explaining the method?? i'm curious!

Jen said...

I stopped by to see how the pics turned out - too cute! Hopefully we will be seeing many more gardening posts. If you can grow a baby, you can grow a tomato...isn't funny, though, that the tomato does take a little more effort than the baby???

Jonna said...

You are going to fall in love with squarefoot gardening. My girls love doing the planting and watering, and there is NO weed pulling!

theleguis said...

how do i learn more about doing this?? i love it. this is the second person recently that has been talking about it..I really need ot learn how to garden i kill everything!